Thursday, November 14, 2019

"Two Christmas Cards"

Happy Thursday, November 14, 2019
How many more days do we have before Christmas?
How many of you have your Christmas decorations up already?  There are several houses in my neighborhood that took down the Halloween decorations and immediately put up Christmas scenery.  Too early?  Not really.  If you're taking down one, why not use the same energy to put up the other...that's what one person said.
How many of you will not decorate for Christmas?    Is there something wrong with not decorating?
When my children were young...decorations went up the week after Thanksgiving and didn't come down until after the New Year's Day.  I do well if I put two wreaths on my front entry doors.  My little "Sunshine" celebrates at her house so granny doesn't try to impress anyone else with a house full of decorations.  She will buy "Sunshine" special ornaments (two) to put on her tree each year.  That's as far as I've decorated in the last ten years.  I enjoy the Christmas scenery when I spend Christmas with her and her parents.
Now, I do like to send and give Christmas cards to family, friends and "special" people.
Here are two that I made this morning.  One is for a challenge at Splitcoaststampers and the other is using something other than die cuts on a card.  Earlier in the week I tried stamping for two days but found myself back at using the die cutting machine.  So I tried something else again today.
 "May Your Christmas Be Cozy Warm & Bright"
cardstock: Neenah white; Recollections black; Hunkydory light blue
stamp: Hero Arts CL722
die: Heartfelt Creations window box elements
followed the sketch given for SC775

"JOY"
all cardstock came from my stash of "blue" papers...mainly polka dot.
I cut out a circle and embossed it with a dotted folder to represent "snow".
The elements on this card are Kaisercraft wooden flourishes representing a house in the snow
I will enter this one at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Thanks for viewing.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

3 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Such beautiful cards - love them thanks for sharing!!!

Treva said...

Lois,
Both cards are nice with great scenes but I'm thinking I need that window box die. Thank you for sharing, have a great weekend.

LilArtsyWoman said...

Treva, the window was cut by hand. I didn't use a die.