Monday, July 13, 2020

"I'm Still Breathing..."

Hello friends, followers and viewers.
It's hot, hot, hot and I's staying inside.  Of course I have my vitamin D in pill form (lol) just because I can't take too much natural sun on my body.  Love nature and what God has to shower down on us...but the heat is a little much when you are over fifty and your body is changing (older ladies will understand what I mean).
Are you still breathing...that's the question of the day.  What comes to your mind when you see this question.  On the surface, you are probably thinking of all the individuals that lost their lives from police officers.  Especially, George Floyd.  His death was so publicized and protested to a point that you couldn't miss those words..."I can't breathe". 
Toni Braxton wrote these lyrics:
Did you think
my life would end that day
that you walked out,
when you broke my heart?
Did you think
I couldn't make it through
ooh -- without you?
Did you think
you'd stop my world with goodbye, oh no
Did you think I'd crumble inside
Not me, I'm still breathing
and this heart of mine is still beating
And I, I'm not feeling any pain
No baby, not me, I'm still breathing
This old heart of mine is still beating
The tears I've cried have dried
You have gone and I've survived
I'm still breathing (yeah..)

Toni made a song and I made a  card.  Check it out along with other cards that were recently posted to Instagram:
"Breathe.  It's just a bad day not a bad life"
I've use paper from "Ki Bright Geo Paper Pad from Hampton Art"

"Thinking Of You
I started with a piece of rice paper from Ciao Bella which was pasted to a piece of white cardstock.  Then, cut into three pieces and paste to a piece of blue cardstock.  A yellow striped piece of paper was used for the border.
This will be added to https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

"Grace Upon Grace"
was an entry of Instagram using paper and embellishments from 49 and Market.

A simple easy Christmas card using one die and coordinating paper.  This was also posted on Instagram.

 
After all the unrest in this nation...are you still breathing? 
After a terrible relationship...are you still breathing?
After being a loser betting your last dollar...are you still breathing?
After having a bad day...are you still breathing?
And that is what it is ...A  BAD  DAY, not a BAD LIFE...BREATHE!

Love you out there,
Lois

1 comment:

Ginny Maxam said...

all of your cards are just lovely! Beautiful colors and compositions, I especially like your bird card, what a great way to use beautiful patterned paper. Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT