Tuesday, September 29, 2020

"Happy Coffee Lovers Day"

 It's Tuesday, September 29, 2020.  The last Tuesday for this month and only one more September day before we enter October.  The last time I posted here, the weather felt like winter.  We switched our thermostat from air condition to heat.  Yesterday, the temp reached eighty degrees...do we leave the thermostat on heat or switch it back to cool air.  I told my husband  I would adjust...of course we can always open the windows.  Nevertheless, the temperature from now until December will be hot, warm, cool and cold until snow falls in our area.

Today's national calendar says we are to celebrate "coffee day".  I didn't want to rush trying to get a card made for this occasion.  However, as I always do, I enjoyed that cup of "JOE" this morning.  It was good as it always is...good to the last drop.  Instead of a card, I pulled a picture from Google to celebrate with everyone else.  My card creation will have to come later.  Along with a picture from Google, I'm also sharing the cards I made that you have not seen if you're not on Instagram.  Here they are for your enjoyment.

A picture from Google
This card was made using cardstock and vellum.  Since we've enter the autumn season, what a better way to showcase these flowers.
Here is another "fall-ish" card.  Everything went well until I decided to use some WOW embossing powder on the big pumpkin.  It didn't work as well as I was hoping .  The color I used made the image look dirty and not as pretty as I thought it would be.
Because I had started on this card last night for today, I finished it to share.  This is a Julie Nutting doll and Heartfelt Creation flowers.    I have something else to take care of  the reason I could not make a "coffee card"  Let's pretend she has had her cup and is out for a walk among the last few flowers before the frost.  She is thinking about the happy moments since March  since the beginning of the pandemic.  Every moment wasn't great but the good days out way the bad days and we shall survive.  The will be an entry at https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Thanks for viewing and supporting my page.
Sending you a hug and love,
Lois



2 comments:

Treva said...

More great cards and commentary! I am not really a coffee drinker but I prefer tea or hot chocolate. Since my daughter has been home from school I have had a few cups of the coffee that she drinks!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Lois:
I really hope you're doing well and staying safe/healthy. I'm always blessed to see you staying creative and making all these FAB creations. It's our "happy place", huh? THANK YOU for always taking the time to stop by and share your talents with us. Your art is always such a blessing to me and I appreciate you taking time to link up. Stay safe and keep on creating. Hugs to you from warm Las Vegas, NV.
Blessings,
karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com