Monday, October 5, 2020

"World Teachers' Day"

 Happy Monday, October 5, 2020.

Happy World Teacher's Day.  The United Nations' (UN) World Teachers' Day celebrates the role teachers play in providing quality education at all levels. This enables children and adults of all ages to learn to take part in and contribute to their local community and global society.

My profession before retirement was in the teaching profession.  I spent thirty-one and a half years mostly with elementary children.  I once thought that teaching from home would be nice but since the pandemic, my thoughts have changed.  Talking to numerous teachers who are still working, trying to maintain a virtual as well as in house classroom requires a lot of planning and a lot of patience.  No one has admitted to virtual learning being nice or easy or smooth.  There are so many problems with technology not only with virtual learning but it shows up in all areas of the spectrum...your bank; at the grocery store; your going online to shop...problems, problems, problems.  However, I still support all people in the profession today and wish that the remainder of the school year will continue to go smooth.

Here are cards I've made since the last time I posted:

"Put Your Best Foot Forward and Good Things Will Follow.  I used a photo from CraftsUprint.  The flowers are decoupaged.
"HUGS" is another photo from CraftsUprint.  the flowers are handmade and the die cut behind the bear comes from Aliexpress.
I submitted this card on Saturday in honor of World Card Making Day.  It started as a piece of cardstock that I used to cut out some flower vines.  Since it left such a beautiful cut out image, I added another piece of cardstock behind the cut out section.  I found a quote online that had something to do with fall and leaves.  Using my Microsoft program and my printer, I copied this quote onto a white piece of paper and cut out another section to use as a die cut for my quote.
This card was created today in honor of World Teacher's Day.  Thinking of all my peers and colleagues who are still working in the classroom...virtual as well as in house teaching.  The flowers are handmade using a TH poinsettia die.  Behind the poinsettia is another die from Aliexpress as well as the window. the cat and the vase.  This will be added to https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Thanks for viewing and please come again.
Love, Lois



No comments: