Wednesday, May 5, 2021

"Mother's Day Is Coming"

 Happy May 5, 2021.  It's Cinco de Mayo.  What is Cinco de Mayo?

First of all, it's not Mexico's Independence Day, which is actually celebrated Sept. 16. Cinco de Mayo instead commemorates the Mexican army's victory over Napoleon III's French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862.  Will you be celebrating?   Did you celebrate May the Fourth...hope it was with you?

Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 9, 2021.  I'm a mother and grandmother.  I will be celebrating this with my daughter who is the mother of my granddaughter.  My mom is no longer with us.  It doesn't stop me from reminiscing about the times we spent together before she left this earthly side.  According to the Bible, we shall meet again.  I hope all of you who are mothers or grandmothers have a lovely blessed weekend with your celebrations.

Here are some cards you've not seen:





This card was made using a #Spellbinders #Mystic embossing folder for a background.  I used white ink over the flower portion of the embossed area. A #Sizzix 3-D Floral Frame Cut & Emboss die was used with a Tonic Studio sentiment die cut glued across it.  I also used a tree limb die cut to have it coming down from the top.  Three white butterflies were added to finish this card.  It will appear on https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Today is the sketch challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  We used the sketch SC852.  Paper used: Parklane Fashionista, DCWV shimmer matstack, Hunkydory "The Little Book of #floralwishes.  I used the Spellbinders #Mystic #embossing#folder again to complete this card.  Five faux gems were placed around the decoupage bouquet.  Mother's Day is coming.  Don't miss out on celebrating your mom.  

Thanks for viewing,
Lois


1 comment:

Treva said...

Lois,

More great cards and great inspiration, love the flowers! Happy Mother's Day!