Thursday, September 30, 2021

"Goodbye September"

 Hello friends, family, followers and viewers.  It's Friday Eve and I'm crafting today.  What are you doing?  Mostly during this time of year if it wasn't the "pandemic", we would be getting our wares together for craft fairs.  Some of us will venture out to sell and shop.  My daughter's friend in Florida will set up shop as a vendor in her neighborhood.  I'm praying all goes well and she can send her creations on to another good home.  I wanted to be ready but in my neighborhood things haven't been as fortunate to allow people to gather to sell and enjoy the fairs.  It is always the next year if I'm allowed to still be here.

Here are some creations I have worked on:

A birthday card for the last September birthday person: "Thinking Of You on your special day With Love"
Fall is that time of year that we come in from the heat and gather around to give thanks for the "harvest of blessings": Gather Together
This one was done for the sketch challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  SC873
Our bible studies and sermons on Sunday have been based on the "I AMs that Jesus stated.  He is our Light and if we have HIM as our LIGHT, then, nothing can dim the light that shines from within.  This card will be added to https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
I personally loved this card but it went to someone else.  There were just too many birthdays in September.  No family, friend, coworkers or church members will be celebrating in October.
Always trying to do something in the mixed media line.  It was a hit with my granddaughter.
Challenge yourself with the supplies that you keep near your desk.  I had die cut leaves that kept falling out the envelope that I keep them in.  I also had this scripture that I've kept for a period of time...so this card was a combination of bits and pieces put together to create a challenge for myself.
Making birthday cards, challenge cards and scripture cards is okay.  I needed some "Thank You" cards to include in my stack.
Tim Holtz has some pretty paper that took me a month to get.  No, it did not come from China (it may have been made there) but I was looking for a discount.  Combined with other paper for layering, this made a pretty "Congratulations" card for a recipient.
This is another birthday card.  "Big hugs" to my daughter who celebrated on the 24th of September.  This was a major celebration not only for her birthday but for ringing that bell after going through chemo, surgery and radiation for breast cancer.  God is good ALL  THE  TIME!!!   Giving all praises to God who loves and protect us daily.
We have been made "strong" through our trials, triumphs and tribulations.  May you and me continue to have strength and we move forward in life.

Thank you so much for viewing with me today.
Sending you a hug and love,
Lois 


No comments: