Wednesday, September 15, 2021

"It's Beginning To Feel Like Christmas"

 Hello crafters.  This is Wednesday, September 15, 2021.  The weather is cooling down even though hurricanes are brewing in the ocean and across the land.  What can we do about it?  Nothing.  This happens every year and we can only prepare and stay safe.  Halloween is next month while also celebrating Autumn blessings but wait, do you hear what I hear... those jingle bells and the smell of pinecones and pine needles.  It's beginning to feel like Christmas.  We can't finish "booing" without adding a little jingle in our steps, in our crafting, in our thoughts.  Are you ready or have you given it some thought?

For your inspiration this week, here are a few cards I've made.  Enjoy!

I love to play with the "mix media" theme.  I have more fun pulling out my bag of die-cuts and other pieces to come up with a combination for a card.  I also have to add some coloring with Distress inks as a background.  I'm adding this one to https://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
This was done without any thought to what I was doing.  I wanted a "fall" card but also to have a little class with the design. Therefore, I cut the solid orange cardstock into different shapes and glued it over pattern paper.  I really thought about tossing this but submitted it on Instagram to see if someone else liked the outcome.
September is a heavy month for birthdays.  I have a sister, niece, daughter, and several friends born this month.  It is about two people per week celebrating.  My daughter and sister love pink and green.  This was for my sister.  I have not even started on my daughter's card.
I subscribe to a magazine that comes with dies each month.  The die-cuts on this card came with one of those magazines and I finally got a chance to use the dies.  Summer is almost over in my part of the world and I doubt seriously that I will be seeing swans in the snow.
Who doesn't love bears (those that are made out of paper)?  A friend wanted a card with bears but I only included one on this card.  I have to design another card that will have more than one bear for her.
When I said in the title "It's beginning to feel like Christmas", I was thinking about this card I made today for a sketch challenge at Splitcoaststampers (SC871).  I had my Christmas collection near my desk and after seeing the sketch, I pulled out the picture and sentiment from the paper pad and went to work on my project.  I added Nuvo drops on top of the snowflakes that were embossed.  This was for the challenge but will be used to send off to the "Cards For Soldiers" project.

Thanks for viewing.  I hope you got inspired to case one of these cards.  
Love,
Lois


3 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

I'm always so amazed and impressed with how you create and post several lovely cards at once. You are SO creative, and I'm always delighted to see your wonderful art linked up with us at Word Art Wednesday. I do hope that our challenges are a blessing to you. Thanks for playing along, and may God bless you!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - My Personal Blog

LilArtsyWoman said...

I love to create and craft. This site is a blessing to me to share with others for their inspiration. Karen, I love your work of art also. You inspire me. Thanks you so much.

Treva said...

Lois,

Always love it when you share on your blog, great inspiration and nice commentary. Best wishes to you and yours during these time of uncertainty; continue to be blessing to others as you share your art.