Friday, June 7, 2019

"Creating With Desk Leftovers"

Happy Friday to all the beautiful people.
Weekend, weekend,weekend,  I'm on my way.  I need a break from "doing".  Can you do this...can you do this...what about doing this....I need you to do this.  "Doing" is going away this weekend and I'm going to be selfish.  I need a break.  Come see me on Monday when I have relaxed from "doing".
Just to clear my mind and focus for just a few minutes this morning...  In cleaning my desk, I decided to put together an item from here and there to create a card.  Nothing to jump up for joy about but it saves from throwing good stuff away. 
Take a look and enjoy this creation:
entry for
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
After fixing several cards this week for a client, I had items left on my desk that I really didn't want to pack up for later or to throw away in the trash.  The paper came from Stamperia and Hunkydory.  The flourishes were from Tim Holtz die.  The bird, oval frame and ribbon were in a bag of small items that I debated about using on some of the other projects.  The flower is three layers of old, old pieces that I still had.  I put them all together to finally get rid of them.    As I stated, this is nothing to jump up for joy about.  It will eventually go in the box to be given away to the "soldiers".  I'm sure someone will find a person to pass this card to in the future.

Please join me in taking a break to relax, rejuvenate and rejoice this weekend.  Life is full of unexpected surprises and we must take care of our mind, body and soul.
Thanks for viewing.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

3 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card!!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well done, Lois, nothing like clearing odd bits up and making a pretty card and this you have done, well done!
I love it, and thanks for sharing and popping over. You’re a blessing, hugs Shaz in Oz.x
Ps hear you over the need for a break. I’ve stopped watched tv my life seems no longer so cluttered. Going back to old days is good break ... till Le Tour de France next month. 😊 Started doing it for few months last year. No strict rules but just take a break.

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful can and can relate to what you say -sometimes wonder how my family would cope if I were not there!!!
Carol x