Thursday, September 19, 2019

"Purple & Blue"

Happy Thursday beautiful people.
It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood.  Ready to take in the walks and enjoy the fresh air and mild temperatures.  I'm not a fan of football but my guy friends are excited about the nice weather and  high school football games .  They are ready for the tailgating that happens every Friday night at the local high schools.
Today, I made one card but will be sharing two.  Why?  Yesterday afternoon, I had the opportunity to make a card for a sketch using one provided by Splitcoaststampers.  I already had paper pads on my desk so I decided to play along.  This site doesn't offer gifts or incentives.  I just love the challenge of using a sketch to make a card when the "old brain" can't think of a layout.

Here is the card without a sentiment.  This is how it looks on Splitcoaststampers.com

Here is the same card with a sentiment that I added this morning.  It will be placed in the card box for soldiers.Paper: Recollections light purple; Recollections dark purple; Moda Scrap "Fly & Scrap" paper pad 
Paper Size: 6 X 6 
Accessories: DecoArt Snow Writer; Glossy Accents; Studio G white glitter glue; Aliexpress flower die 
Techniques: followed SC767 sketch 
 

Here is the card I made this morning
This will be entered on
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Paper:  Moda Scrap "Fly & Scrap" paper pad; Hunkydory pattern paper; Recollections black cardstock; Neenah white cardstock
embellishments: Prima flowers; Thickers from American Craft; ribbon from Walmart
die: Tim Holtz skelton flowers die and Spellbinders flower die

So many people I know from family and friends have birthdays in September.  This is another birthday card that will be passed on to someone special.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope something you saw will be inspirational to you so that you can create it in your own way.  Please come again.

Sending  a hug and love,
Lois

3 comments:

Treva said...

More pretty cards, like the papers and color combination.

Beebeebabs said...

Such beautiful cards as always!!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love the first card, it’s really gorgeous.. must try to make one like this seen few lately!
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}